Thursday, September 19, 2013

Best Thing I Ever Did (in my Running life)

It was months ago, but it was when I was in the need to create a 4 person team for the San Francisco Live Ultimate 1/4 Marathon, I stepped out of my comfort zone and asked a stranger to join my team.  It was a woman who was wearing a tech tee from another running event, so knew she was a runner, and I stuck up a conversation with her. 

It was this woman who introduced me to the Facebook group "Run With Me".  From there it just snowballed.  I then met the caption for the local Team In Training team, and joined TNT.  I have met some of the best people and motivating friends from just one action of getting out of my comfort zone months ago.

Team In Training is more then just a group of people raising money for a great cause, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, but a family.  The experience has even inpacted my family.  At every training event we put our hands in a circle and shout "GO TEAM".  My little ones have done that with me when I get home from a training.  Today I woke up and was just in aww over the friends I have made and wanted to share that doing something as small as talking to one new person can really change your life.

THANK YOU!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Christine ... all I did was connect you with some great people, you changed not only your life but by fundraising for TNT you've blessed others more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine ... all I did was connect you with some great people, you changed not only your life but by fundraising for TNT you've blessed others more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete