Friday, June 21, 2013

SuperHero 5K

This year on Father's Day my son, Lucas and I ran in Sacramento's Superhero 5k.  It was a blast.  Lucas had been looking forward to this run for months.  And finally it was here.

Lucas right before the kids 1/4 mile


Lucas dressed up as Iron Man, with mask and hand pieces.  Lucas ran the entire 1/4 mile in 2:53.  I think it was the most fun that Lucas had in quite some time, he really enjoyed himself.  At the finish the kids got a medal, which made Lucas's day.  Plus there was so many awesome costumes.

Lucas Running his 1/4 mile
Lucas showing off his medal








Right before the start of the 5k

I would have to say the only thing I wish was different was that everyone that did the 5k got a participation medal.  Since the only way to get a medal was to place in the top 3 in each age group (and of course first 3 of the entire event) I was working hard to improve my time.  If you recall my first 5k in March was 33:25.4 and my 5k in San Francisco in May was a flat 30:00.  Well, I didn't finish in the top three in my age group but I did finish will my best time ever.  I was hoping to finish in 29-28 minutes, and I killed it finishing with a time of 27:41.

Look carefully I'm in the back
I've passed her right before finish line

I will say that when my husband and kids are there at the event I really work hard to finish strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment